All of us have to learn how to invent our lives, make them up, imagine them. We need to be taught these skills; we need guides to show us how. If we don't, our lives get made up for us by other people.
Ursla Le Guin (1929-2018)
The Wave in the Mind, 2004
Halloween 2019 Climate Crisis SOS
Video Quiz [What words come next?]
This video was created for the 2019 Wise Hat Halloween lesson parties for Junior High school aged children and older. Running time: just over 15 minutes. The format is a multiple choice quiz and viewers are invited to guess the next line of dialogue after each movie pauses. Before each movie there is a caption giving a little information about what will happen as the Earth warms:
0°C change (baseline)
Pre-industrial times during the "Little Ice Age"...
The Day After Tomorrow 
Under 1°C change:
Forget it! That train has left the station...
Sea level rises of 5-7 metres. Droughts, wildfires, storms...
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming 
The Amazon Rainforest is dying. Water and food are harder to find...
Soylent Green 
The tipping point of no return. The planet is forever different...
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 
Sea level rises reach 70 metres. People cannot survive in the tropics. Southern Europe is desert....
Mad Max: Fury Road 
251 million years ago global temperatures rose by 6°C. 95% of all living things died.
Beasts of the Southern Wild 
As things stand the world will hit a 3°-4°C change by 2100. Such a world will only support around 1 billion people...
More information about the consequences of climate change can be found here and here. In addition to the video there's alos a 2 page PDF file with some notes about each film and a crossword using words from those notes:
getfiles: Halloween 2019 Climate Crisis SOSMP4 (Full HD Video), 298 mb PDF (Notes and crossword), 321 kb
- Top Page
- Across The Table
- Add One More
- Be A Monster!
- Black Hole (board game)
- Bombs Away!
- Co-operative Quiz
- Dice Stack
- Fast Food Tag
- Find My Number
- Find The Penny
- The Happy Game
- Line Up!
- Maze Challenge
- Natty Narration
- Nose Nose Nose
- One Step Forward!
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death Wish
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Go Green!
- Parrot Parade
- Passport Control
- Reach The Top!
- Tickle Time
- What Cards
- Which One?
- Whose Shoe?
- World Cup Football 2018
- You, You, Me!
- Wake Up
- Songs and Music
- Strips (songs and otherwise)
- The 75th Anniversay of the bombing of Hiroshima
- The 75th Anniversay of the bombing of Nagasaki
- Cars in Japan
- Coronavirus Olympics
- Forest Bathing
- Japan and the Summit
- Japan and World War Two
- Multiculural Japan?
- Olympics Two Tokyos
- Plastic in Japan
- Return to Fukushima
- The Anniversary too Important to Cancel
- Typhoon Jebi
- Yayoi Kusama's Infinity
- This Week In History
- January, February, March
- April, May, June
- Sub Menu Item
- This Week in History: April 8-10
- This Week in History: April 12-15
- This Week in History: April 19-24
- This Week in History: April 24-26
- This Week in History: May 6-11
- This Week in History: May 11-14
- This Week in History: May 18-23
- This Week in History: May 25-31
- This Week in History: June 1-5
- This Week in History: June 11-14
- This Week in History: June 22-27
- This Week in History: June 15-21
- This Week in History: June 29 - July 5
- July, August, September
- This Week in History: July 6-12
- Sub Menu Item
- This Week in History: July 14-19
- This Week in History: July 27-31
- This Week in History: August 2- 6
- This Week in History: August 17-21
- This Week in History: August 27-30
- This Week in History: August 31 - September 6th
- This Week in History: September 7-13
- This Week in History: September 22-27
- This Week in History: September 14-20
- This Week in History: September 28 - October 4
- October, November, December