Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Hermann Goering (1893-1946)
said to Gustav Gilbert at the Nuremburg Trials
Halloween 2019 Climate Crisis SOS
Video Quiz [What words come next?]
This video was created for the 2019 Wise Hat Halloween lesson parties for Junior High school aged children and older. Running time: just over 15 minutes. The format is a multiple choice quiz and viewers are invited to guess the next line of dialogue after each movie pauses. Before each movie there is a caption giving a little information about what will happen as the Earth warms:
0°C change (baseline)
Pre-industrial times during the "Little Ice Age"...
The Day After Tomorrow 
Under 1°C change:
Forget it! That train has left the station...
Sea level rises of 5-7 metres. Droughts, wildfires, storms...
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming 
The Amazon Rainforest is dying. Water and food are harder to find...
Soylent Green 
The tipping point of no return. The planet is forever different...
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 
Sea level rises reach 70 metres. People cannot survive in the tropics. Southern Europe is desert....
Mad Max: Fury Road 
251 million years ago global temperatures rose by 6°C. 95% of all living things died.
Beasts of the Southern Wild 
As things stand the world will hit a 3°-4°C change by 2100. Such a world will only support around 1 billion people...
More information about the consequences of climate change can be found here and here. In addition to the video there's alos a 2 page PDF file with some notes about each film and a crossword using words from those notes:
- Top Page
- Across The Table
- Add One More
- Be A Monster!
- Black Hole (board game)
- Bombs Away!
- Co-operative Quiz
- Dice Stack
- Fast Food Tag
- Find My Number
- Find The Penny
- The Happy Game
- Line Up!
- Maze Challenge
- Natty Narration
- Nose Nose Nose
- One Step Forward!
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death Wish
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Go Green!
- Parrot Parade
- Passport Control
- Reach The Top!
- Tickle Time
- What Cards
- Which One?
- Whose Shoe?
- World Cup Football 2018
- You, You, Me!
- Wake Up
- Songs and Music
- Strips (songs and otherwise)
- The 75th Anniversay of the bombing of Hiroshima
- The 75th Anniversay of the bombing of Nagasaki
- Cars in Japan
- Coronavirus Olympics
- Forest Bathing
- Japan and the Summit
- Japan and World War Two
- Multiculural Japan?
- Olympics Two Tokyos
- Plastic in Japan
- Return to Fukushima
- The Anniversary too Important to Cancel
- Typhoon Jebi
- Yayoi Kusama's Infinity
- This Week In History
- January, February, March
- April, May, June
- Sub Menu Item
- This Week in History: April 8-10
- This Week in History: April 12-15
- This Week in History: April 19-24
- This Week in History: April 24-26
- This Week in History: May 6-11
- This Week in History: May 11-14
- This Week in History: May 18-23
- This Week in History: May 25-31
- This Week in History: June 1-5
- This Week in History: June 11-14
- This Week in History: June 22-27
- This Week in History: June 15-21
- This Week in History: June 29 - July 5
- July, August, September
- This Week in History: July 6-12
- Sub Menu Item
- This Week in History: July 14-19
- This Week in History: July 27-31
- This Week in History: August 2- 6
- This Week in History: August 17-21
- This Week in History: August 27-30
- This Week in History: August 31 - September 6th
- This Week in History: September 7-13
- This Week in History: September 22-27
- This Week in History: September 14-20
- This Week in History: September 28 - October 4
- October, November, December