One day somebody should remind us that, even though there may be political and ideological differences between us, the Vietnamese are our brothers, the Russians are our brothers, the Chinese are our brothers; and one day we've got to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. But in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. In Christ there is neither male nor female. In Christ there is neither Communist nor Capitalist. In Christ, somehow, there is neither bound nor free. We are all one in Christ Jesus.
Martin Luther King (1957-1968)
A Christmas Sermon, 1967
Pair Fluency Match 7 - Go Green!
With Pair Fluency games players take turns asking each other set questions as fast as possible. With Match 7 there are 7 "yes" answers and 5 "No" answers. The aim is to find all the "yes" answers within a time limit.
To play, one player takes a question board and seven counters. The other player takes an answer card. The usual time limit is one minute. This can be shortened for experienced players or lengthened for beginners. On the starting signal the player with the board starts asking questions. Here is a list for this set:
Do you buy local?
Do you clean water?
Do you avoid making air dirty?
Do you avoid wasting food?
Do you grow food?
Do you recycle glass?
Do you recycle metal?
Do you recycle paper?
Do you recycle plastic?
Do you save energy?
Do you save water?
The player with the card looks at it and responds accordingly, either "Yes, I do" or "No, I don't". For every "Yes" answer the questioning player covers the matching image on the board with a counter. When the timer goes record the number of points scored and players reverse roles. How many points can the whole class accumulate in 2-4 rounds?
Notes: Players should be somewhat familiar with the vocabulary before doing this game. As a follow-up players can consider real answers for their own actual families.
getfile: Match 7: Go Green!Game Board - PDF B5, 2 pages, 1.17 MB Game Cards - PDF A4, 4 pages, 5.29 MB
- Top Page
- Across The Table
- Add One More
- Be A Monster!
- Black Hole (board game)
- Bombs Away!
- Co-operative Quiz
- Dice Stack
- Fast Food Tag
- Find My Number
- Find The Penny
- The Happy Game
- Line Up!
- Maze Challenge
- Natty Narration
- Nose Nose Nose
- One Step Forward!
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death Wish
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Go Green!
- Parrot Parade
- Passport Control
- Reach The Top!
- Tickle Time
- What Cards
- Which One?
- Whose Shoe?
- World Cup Football 2018
- You, You, Me!
- Wake Up
- Songs and Music
- Strips (songs and otherwise)
- This Week In History
- January, February, March
- April, May, June
- Sub Menu Item
- This Week in History: April 8-10
- This Week in History: April 12-15
- This Week in History: April 19-24
- This Week in History: April 24-26
- This Week in History: May 6-11
- This Week in History: May 11-14
- This Week in History: May 18-23
- This Week in History: May 25-31
- This Week in History: June 1-5
- This Week in History: June 11-14
- This Week in History: June 22-27
- This Week in History: June 15-21
- This Week in History: June 29 - July 5
- July, August, September
- This Week in History: July 6-12
- Sub Menu Item
- This Week in History: July 14-19
- This Week in History: July 27-31
- This Week in History: August 2- 6
- This Week in History: August 17-21
- This Week in History: August 27-30
- This Week in History: August 31 - September 6th
- This Week in History: September 7-13
- This Week in History: September 22-27
- This Week in History: September 14-20
- This Week in History: September 28 - October 4
- October, November, December