Capitalism's grow-or-die imperative stands radically at odds with ecology's imperative of interdependence and limit. The two imperatives can no longer coexist with each other; nor can any society founded on the myth that they can be reconciled hope to survive. Either we will establish an ecological society or society will go under for everyone, irrespective of his or her status.
Ursla Le Guin (1929-2018)
On the Future of the Left, Motherboard, February 4, 2015)
What's Wrong With Planting New Forests?
Japan Resumes Commercial Whaling?
A Wise Hat Video pack featuring a BBC report on Japan's decision to resume commercial whaling from July 1st. But given that in 2014 the International Court of Justice declared that Japanese "whale research" is not scientific have they really ever stopped whaling?
Talking Rubbish (Plastic)
Match 7 - Single Use Plastic
Return to Fukushima
Eight years on from the meltdown and people are being allowed back. The BBC seem eager to suggest that the crisis is over: 45 seconds in we see the reporter munching away on "salad fresh from the fields of Fukushima". But read between the lines and it's clear the area remains, if not a death trap, a cesspit of contamination.
Fridays for Future Pack
Where's the snow?
Also Everest is no Holy Grail
Just a trash dump in the sky
2019 Spelling Bee
The Happy Game (New Board!)
A simple guessing game - just who is happy? Players need speed and luck to get to their goal before time runs out. The cards provided are bound to provide a smile. Just add your own dice and smiley for a complete game.
Pair Fluency Match 7: Death Wish
Extinction Rebellion Crossword
Eight men own as much wealth as half the world.
How's that for social justice?
There are a 150 plus pages on this site but if none are to your liking then...
- Top Page
- Across The Table
- Add One More
- Be A Monster!
- Black Hole (board game)
- Bombs Away!
- Co-operative Quiz
- Dice Stack
- Fast Food Tag
- Find My Number
- Find The Penny
- The Happy Game
- Line Up!
- Maze Challenge
- Natty Narration
- Nose Nose Nose
- One Step Forward!
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death Wish
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Go Green!
- Parrot Parade
- Passport Control
- Reach The Top!
- Tickle Time
- What Cards
- Which One?
- Whose Shoe?
- World Cup Football 2018
- You, You, Me!
- Wake Up
- Songs and Music
- Strips (songs and otherwise)
- 2019 Spelling Bee
- Cars in Japan
- Ed makes History
- Forest Bathing
- Japan and the Summit
- Plastic in Japan
- Return to Fukushima
- This Week in History: March 21-26
- This Week in History: March 28 - April 2
- This Week in History: April 8-10
- This Week in History: April 12-15
- This Week in History: April 19-24
- This Week in History: April 24-26
- This Week in History: May 6-11
- This Week in History: May 11-14
- This Week in History: May 18-23
- This Week in History: May 25-31
- This Week in History: June 1-5
- This Week in History: June 11-14
- This Week in History: June 15-21
- This Week in History: June 22-27
- This Week in History: June 29 - July 5
- This Week in History: July 6-12
- This Week in History: July 14-19
- This Week in History: July 27-31
- This Week in History: August 17-21
- This Week in History: August 27-30
- This Week in History: August 31 - September 6th
- This Week in History: September 7-13
- This Week in History: September 14-20
- This Week in History: September 22-27
- This Week in History: September 28 - October 4
- Typhoon Jebi
- What's wrong with planting new forests?
- Yayoi Kusama's Infinity